Facilities maintenance jobs help to keep your factory, manufacturing, or production operation running smoothly. Like many business owners, you have probably split these services up into multiple specialized companies. For example, you may hire an inspection crew to do monthly repairs on your equipment. You may also have a janitorial service that keeps the place clean.
Why split up your services when you can consolidate them into one company? Bundling your services helps ensure that you get the best possible building maintenance. It also helps save you money and provide you with other benefits you can’t get in any other way.
What Is a Single Source Facilities Maintenance Crew?
A single source maintenance crew performs a variety of services that help keep your facilities running smoothly. For example, they will clean up the floor and your equipment to ensure everything runs well. However, they will also inspect essential elements of your facility to ensure it isn’t suffering from hard-to-notice problems. For example, they can spot problems with your electrical and phone systems and repair them before they degrade.
The Major Benefits of Entrusting a Single Source
There are several reasons you should consolidate your maintenance from one facility maintenance tech for each area to one crew for all areas. Just a few of these significant benefits include:
- Cost-saving benefits – A high-quality single source maintenance crew has an easy-to-understand rate that applies to all their services. It’s always better to write one check than to write out multiple ones to various companies.
- Increased efficiency – Streamlining all your maintenance needs into one company makes it easier to schedule your tasks and avoids complications that could otherwise adversely affect your facility.
- Simpler to switch services – If your single source maintenance crew ends up letting you down, it is easier to switch to another provider. Doing this with five or six different companies is more difficult.
- More straightforward tax calculation – Deductions for factory upgrades and maintenance help many facilities earn back a decent amount of money at the end of the year. Calculating this rate for one company is much more comfortable than doing it for multiple sources.
- Adjustment to services is quicker – If for any reason you need to cancel or adjust your maintenance services, working with one provider is easier. You can temporarily eliminate one aspect of their service while retaining others.
- Streamlined communication – A single source maintenance company will typically send the same people to your facility to perform routine maintenance. This means you can get to know your repair specialists and create a more efficient and streamlined communication system.
Finding a Facilities Maintenance Crew You Can Trust
When searching for a single source of facilities maintenance, it is essential to understand the nature of the companies you are researching. Ask them about the services they provide. Try to find a group that meets as many of your maintenance needs as possible. If you have to sacrifice one or two, try to choose minor tasks your employees can easily do, such as emptying trash cans.
After finding a handful of companies that meet your maintenance needs, do a little research on them. What is their reputation among facilities such as yours? How much do they cost versus their suggested quality of care? Do they require a binding contract and, if so, is the wording of the contract simple to understand? Lastly, are there any lawsuits pending against this company?
While this kind of research will take a little time, it is crucial for your facility. This information ensures you find a single source of maintenance that is worth your investment. It also helps to protect you against theft or loss if they end up being a problematic company.
Contact our team at Retail Contracting Service to find a new, better solution to handle all of your facilities maintenance jobs.