For someone in charge of managing a large healthcare building, a hospital facility management checklist is a must to ensure that nothing gets overlooked. Use this checklist to ensure that you have all the essentials covered:
Hospital Facility Management Checklist
● Flooding. Do you have a plan in case of a flood? While most businesses would simply evacuate, a hospital does not have that option. Most hospitals have their emergency rooms on the ground floor. If this is the case for your hospital, it’s essential that you have a fast response plan in place for flooding.
● Electrical issues. Do you know who to call for a quick, dependable response in the case of a wiring or generator issue? This is one of the most vitally important areas of any healthcare facility. Many patients’ lives literally depend on the steady flow of electricity.
● Inclement weather. In the case of snow and ice, do you have a reliable company contracted to take care of your parking lots and walkways? With many children and elderly patients coming in and out of the hospital each day, it’s essential that these areas are safe.
● Kitchen maintenance. The cafeteria is one of the most vital, yet most often overlooked areas of the hospital. With no food service, patients aren’t receiving the best possible care. It’s vital that you know a company experienced in installing and repairing commercial kitchen equipment.
● Locksmith services. Hospitals are hotbeds of personal, secret information, and it’s essential that important documents and files stay under lock and key. You need a trustworthy locksmith service in the inevitable event that keys get lost and locks get broken.
● Glass repair. Accidents happen! No one knows that better than someone who works in a hospital. Quickly and safely replacing windows is out of the area of expertise for most handymen. Do you have a company who can handle a broken window quickly? Or will a room with a broken window simply sit unused until someone with the proper knowledge can come take care of the issue?
● Furniture and equipment hauling. As a state of the art hospital, it’s important to keep your equipment and furniture up-to-date. This often means you’ll need movers to handle large, heavy items.
Hospital Facility Management Company
Managing hospital facilities is an incredibly important job. You’re busy, and you don’t have time to call company after company trying to find someone who can handle the necessary services for your hospital. You can’t trust just any facilities management company with such a large responsibility. It’s vital that the company you choose has dependable service as well as a stellar reputation.
When you need a company that can take care of every item on your hospital facility management checklist, our dependable team at RCS can help.
Retail Contracting Service
224 Brown Industrial Pkwy.
Canton, GA 30114
770.427.9287 | 877.217.3335
Retail Contracting Service
RCS performs repairs in all trades of construction and facility maintenance for multi-location retailers, restaurant chains and other multi-location commercial facility owners nationwide.